CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 9, 2010

Sister Eveland...Week 4 in the MTC

I have neglected to put any of Sister Eveland's emails up recently.  I am so behind, but am going to put them all up now.  Bear with me and read as you please.  There are a bunch. You can also just look up the label Sister Eveland and her letters will be there as well. 

Kumusta!!


I can't believe that this week I will be starting my 5th week in the MTC! It's crazy how fast the time has gone. This week was a bit rough at times, it was kind of stressful for a few days with my companion but things are so much better now and I love her a lot.

This week for Devotional Elder (President) Pearson came and spoke. It was so good. It reminded me of either my Junior or Senior year in High School when he was the WATAC mission president and he spoke at Stake Conference. I don't remember exactly what he told me but I remember talking to him about Zack and how we were working with the missionaries. It made me a bit home sick. Speaking of the WATAC Mission. WHAT THE HECK, Sister Gainer got transferred? We thought she was going to die there. Who is the new sister? And where did Gainy go? I met one of the sisters that actually left for the field today, she seems way cool. Her name is Sister Fox.

Anyway, this keyboard sucks. Dad I did get the packet of letters from the ward. Thank you so much. And I got your dearelder already from today, we get them early on P-days so we can write back. I have a letters that I wrote last week but didn't send to you yet because I was waiting for my pictures to get developed but they didn't get done until Friday you should be getting it in the next few days! I got the package from Aunt Kay, thank you!!!

I had a few more dreams in Tagalog this week. They are really funny because I end up saying the same thing over and over. Friday night I dreamt that I was teaching someone about prayer and I kept saying alam ko na.. and then I would through a few other words in there too. (Alam ko na means I know that). The language is comming more and more. I had to write my first talk in Tagalog this week for sacrament meeting, it was about the Book of Mormon. I did most of it on my own and when I went to the tutor I found out that I did it right for the most part. I was proud of myself. But thankfully I didn't get called on to speak. They announce the talks right after the sacrament and you have no idea that you are speaking until then. So everyone has to prepare a talk every week just in case. I gave the lesson in District meeting on Sunday, it was on hope. I showed a video on Mormon messages called "The Infinite Power of Hope" by Pres. Uctdorf, it was really good. You should watch it if you get a chance, you can find it on LDS.org. There was also another one called "Choose this Day" by Pres. Eyring.

This week our zone got a new district, there are three sisters in it and I know two of them. One is Jaqi Burton a friend from BYU-Idaho that I new was going to be coming in, and the other is Michelle Nethercott, who I worked with on campus. It was so crazy when I saw them on Weds. It is nice having a familiar face and a friend to talk to who kind of somewhat knows who I am, and not just as Sister Eveland. Although every once in a while we will slip and call each other by our first names and it is so weird to hear "Bailey" now.

The weather in Provo is just as bipolar as Rexburg it was so hot, like to the point to where I was breaking out because of the sun and got a tan and the very next day it snowed. I don't get it. It's clearing up again so I am excited about that. It is so nice being able to leave the MTC on Sundays to go on temple walks. It's like we are part of the real world for a few hours every week!

This morning in Personal study I came across a quote by Elder Stapley "IF we are not ashamed fo the gospel of Christ, then we should not be ashamed to live it. And if we are not ashamed to live it, then we should not be ashamed to share it!" I know the gospel is true. I love it. I love learning and growing in it everyday!! If you get a chance read Alma 37, by small and simple things.. I know that it is those small acts of service or small testimonies that will bring so many into the chruch and bless the lives of those we share it with. So, this week don't be ashamed and share what you believe!!!

I love you all. Keep sending letters.
Love, Sister Eveland

p.s. a reminder from last week!

One more thing. Days in the MTC can be rough. When you feel like the language is kicking your butt and nothing else seems like it is going well, you feel defeated. At times you might feel like you want to give up. But you keep going because when 9:30 comes and Elder Tangi gets out the big yellow folder you know there are letters in there and you are hoping and praying that at least one of those are for you. When he hands you one, you get excited. And as you are walking back to the residence hall reading the quote of the day from Dad, or the day to day task of Dr. Judd, and the occasional letter from Mom and Alisha, sometimes you are even lucky and you get one from some you least it expect it from. But those are the 50 min that I cherish. Because I am reminded that even though times might be tough there are people out there who love me and are supporting me the whole way. It is those 50 minutes each night that I let myself think about my family and friends. The other 23 hours and 10 minutes are dedicated to the work. SO PLEASE LET ME HAVE THOSE 50 MINUTES. WRITE ME LETTERS!!!!

p.s.s. What happened to Rachel's call?! Tell her to write me!

0 comments: