CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 9, 2010

Sister Eveland...First Cycle is Up

I have neglected to put any of Sister Eveland's emails up recently. I am so behind, but am going to put them all up now. Bear with me and read as you please. There are a bunch. You can also just look up the label Sister Eveland and her letters will be there as well.

So this week was once again not what we expected!! For starters we were sick. Mostly sister, so Weds we stayed in all day, and we had another sister stay with us and she was sick too. Thrusday was transfer day, WE ARE STILL TOGETHER!! We thought we would get pulled because we were the only companionship in our district that didn't have a baptism date, and they were putting Office Elders in. But tuesday when we got the transfer list we were the ONLY companionship who didn't get pulled in our district besides the APs. Shocker to us. It was funny because we were the only ones who had made sure everything was updated and made new maps for everything. haha. It is great though because now we have six more weeks to help our investigators.


One thing that I think is so funny about the culture here is that the people are so scared of the rain, that no one goes out. Well saturday we got in a tricee right as it started to pour he ended up pulling into a gas station and we had to wait 10 minutes for the rain to let up a bit before he would go again. Then Sunday when we got up it was raining, we got up an hour early again so we could re-remind everyone to come to church. Most of them used the excuse that it was raining. haha yeah no joke. We went to one family and the youngest was sick with a slight fever (everyone has fevers right now, including a lot of missionaries), so none of them were going to come to church. When we asked the oldest daughter if she could come and bring the other two siblings she said they didn't have an umbrella. We knew this wasn't true, but I followed along with it and told them that they could have my industrial size umbrella. (it really is big, but it is going to last my whole mission, unlike the umbrellas here. haha) We handed it to them and then just said that we would wait at the door for them at the church, and left. As we waited for everyone to come, we saw this little family walking in the gate of the church all under this one umbrella, it was my umbrella, they came, even the mom and the sick little boy, the other son didn't come though :( But even the members didn't come to church yesterday because of the rain.

I really am having a hard time thinking of what happended this week. Nothing too exciting. Oh actually we had a really good lesson with brother Helle. Sister turned to me for a part of the lesson and I just started talking in Tagalog, like I normally do but this time I was saying things that I haven't really said before and both my companion and Helle and Leah were looking at me like yeah, keep going. It was really funny. But I know that is the spirit working through me. The Lord's hand is in everything!!!

Well Time is up. I love you all. Thanks for everything. Have a great week, hopefully next week I will have better stories to tell!!

Love,
Sister Eveland

0 comments: