CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 9, 2010

Sister Eveland...To the tune of Popcorn Popping

I have neglected to put any of Sister Eveland's emails up recently. I am so behind, but am going to put them all up now. Bear with me and read as you please. There are a bunch. You can also just look up the label Sister Eveland and her letters will be there as well.

I looked out the window and what did I see?
Snowflakes falling on the MTC.
I took my umbrella and companion
Together we said this could not be.
But 4:00 came and what did I see
the sun was shinning and teh grass was green
It wasn't very so but it seemed to me
Bipolar weather at the MTC!


Yes this really happened today. They even how to make an announcement telling all of us not walk under tree limbs because some of the trees had broken due to the heavy snow fall. But now, it is sunning and the snow that once covered the ground is no longer there and the grass is green once again.

Okay so drum roll please.. The biggest news in the past 8 weeks is about to be released!

FLIGHT PLANS HAVE ARRIVED, the two dictricts of Branch three will load the busses and wave goodbye to the MTC. ONe week from today prayers will answered, tears will be shed (both happy and sad) goodbyes will uttered, hand shakes given, and passports returned to rightful owners. District A will become the lonesome district of Brance threee. But no need to fear because soon there will new missionaries arriving to learn from teachers, sleep in our beds and do their best to fill the shoes and continue the legacy of Districts C and E.

A day of my life is going to be taken from me as I board the plane at LAX at 1:30am on the 1st of June and land in Taiwan at 6:30 am on the 2nd. That day of June 1st 2010, I will never really know. But that is okay, because I promised the Lord I would give up whatever He asked of me, even a day of my life. (Don't worry, I will get two of the same day in October on my flight home.. WHO KNOWS MAYBE I WILL GET TWO BIRTHDAYS!! HOW SWEET WOULD THAT BE?!!) As we arrive in Taiwan we will be reuntied as our two districts meet up from LAX and SanFran, and after spending 3 hours in the airport with 10 obnoxious Elders we will all board the plane together for the 4 hour flight to Manila. Don't worry, we have made a plan. We are going to convert the whole plan, we'll have the pilot land in the ocean as one by one all 10 Elders begin leading the passangers off the plan into the ocean to be baptized. They are our missions start as soon as we leave the MTC, so why not have baptisims that first day?! We thought it was a good idea.

This week has been another ordinary week in the MTC. Meal, Class, Meal, Personal study, companinon study, MDT, Meals, Gym, MDLS, Class, Meal, MDT, Planning, singging, Lights out, GOOD NIGHT!!!

However family, remember when I got set apart and you all asked me to sing, because for some silly reason you thought maybe becoming a missionary would change my voice. Well, I was told this week that I need to sing louder because I have a good voice... Funny? I thought so too. Maybe it's the calling but I think it's just easier to sing in Taglog. Just kidding. However I did sing with my companion, Sister Burton, Sister Nethercott (Both from BYU-I) and Sister Harvey during Scarament on Sunday! Big step for me I know!!! I thought you might enjoy that.

Well, I should get going. It's almost time for another meal, meaning P-Day is almost over and my 30 min of e-mail time is down to six! But I love you all and I hope you have the best week ever!!

Love,
Sister Eveland

Remember to pray everyday, I promise your prays are answered!!

p.s. Family I will be thinking of you this weekend. I hope you all have fun at the Lake, I can't wait to talk to you on Monday!!!!

0 comments: