CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 9, 2010

Sister Eveland...This isn't Burger King, we don't get it our way! -Elder Holland regarding missionary work!

I have neglected to put any of Sister Eveland's emails up recently. I am so behind, but am going to put them all up now. Bear with me and read as you please. There are a bunch. You can also just look up the label Sister Eveland and her letters will be there as well.

Maganda hapon!!


What a beautifull day outside. The weather is beginning too look more like spring. We were able to enjoy our sack lunch and some study time outside this afternoon, it was awesome!! I love P-days and I love having them on Monday, who would have ever thought I would be excited for Mondays! And they are followed by amazing Sundays in the MTC. I think yesterday was one of the best Sundays yet. First of all we had Relief Society and Sister Cook and Sister Dibb of the YW General Presidency came and spoke to us about virtue. It was way good. Sister Dibb is the daughter of President Monson. At the end of her talk she did a question and answer session about whatever we wanted to know about her dad. One sister asked how he met Sister Monson. He saw her at a Dance at the U and wanted to go talk to her but she was dancing with another boy and before he could find her again she had left. A few days later he saw her at a bus stop with of his friends from grade school, he thought perfect I'll go ask them to introduce me to her. And so he did, he got her name and get this:

This is to all my Roommates and BYU-Idaho friends: He went home and looked her up on the student directory of the U. found her number and where she lived and the rest is history.. IF PRES. MONSON CAN USE THE DIRECTORY TO FIND GIRLS HE THINKS ARE CUTE I DON'T FEEL BAD USING STALKER NET OR F.B. haha sorry that isn't very missionary like but I thought you would appreciate it!

After Relief Society we had district meeting, Lunch (which included ice cream!), Sacrament meeting, temple walk (sister Burton, Sister Jensen and I found a nice grassy spot away from everyone else and we took pictures and enjoyed the sun, it was so relaxing!), Dinner, Fireside (which was awesome) and then an hour and half of language study with Sister Jensen. With study time thrown in between those things. I felt like it was a very productive and some what relaxing day.

This week for Devotional Elder Holland came and spoke to us!!! I just love him, I know we can't have favorites but he up there on my list. :) He is just a powerful speaker. It was awesome because he was telling us how he just returned from visting missions on the east coast including NY and I was wondering if he went Sister Babb's mission. Well today I got a letter from her and sure enough he had been there too!! I love the small mormon world. Speaking of small mormon world, Sister Burton and I have known each other for a while now, but yesterday we found out that we went to high school an hour away from each other. She went to Olympic in Silverdale. We had played sports against each other's schools and were at some of the same leadership conferences. We got a kick out of that!

Thursday we taught the first lesson in Tagalog. 5 min before we were to teach our appointment we had been planning for with our companions our teacher told us that we were going to be with other members in our district. I taught with Sister Schardt, it was actually a really good lesson. And it prepared for what could happen in the field! This week we teach the Plan of Salvation sa Tagalog. I am excited. Only two more TA's and we are done, this thursday and next!

WE GET OUR FLIGHT PLANS THIS WEEK!!!! I can't believe it. We leave two weeks from today. It's so crazy. Everyone in our Zone keeps getting hurt. We had four missionaries who were supposed to leave last week end up staying. Two elders got surgery on the knees from playing volleyball, one got surgery on his shoulder from basketball, and then Sister Jensen had stay back as well. It has been fun having her here still.

I am ready and excited for a new week. I was sick last week with a cold, fever and I kept loosing my voice. But now I am feeling better and ready to conquer the MTC, because I can't get out into the "world" yet! haha

Oh we found out this week that most of our chruch services in the Philippines are going to be done in English. I found that kind of strange since we teach in Tagalog. Also where I am going they speak a dialect called Illocano, it is way different. Sister Brown and I had a TE with a teacher who grew up speaking it so he taught us a few words. It was awesome.

Well I am out of time, but I love you all. I hope you have the best week ever!! Thank you for all of the letters!!

Always remember, "With prayer you never get a busy signal!"

Love,
Sister Eveland

0 comments: