CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Laundry Ramblings

The other day a friend of mine posted this as her facebook status:

"I love laundry because it's the one thing in my life that never lets me down. It's never too late, it's always waiting for me, it's never too early, and I can always count on it to make me feel better when it's all put away. sigh...laundry ROCKS!!"

So I have yet to ask her if this was said with sarcasm or if she actually does love laundry.  For me it would have totally been said with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.  Yes I have blogged about laundry before.  It is probably the thing that is ALWAYS on my mind, neglected the most, yet very satisfying when the pile slowly disappears. 

I know I am not the only other person in the world that feels this way.  In fact I have talked to many people that have the same love hate relationship with thier laundry pile.  It IS the one thing that is always waiting.  It never is completly done.  For me in my home it is like the pile grows three times over night.  I have a daughter that loves to change her clothes and she is always contributing to the laundry pile.  She changes them when she gets them dirty.  She changes them becuase they "make her back sweaty".  She changes them because they "make her ankle hurt".  She changes them because, because, BECAUSE. 

So here is the plan I devised...RID myself of the culprit.  No I can't get rid of the actual culprits (AKA the kids), but I can get rid of the clothes.  Who needs umpteen pairs of PJs?  I swear I could do 2 loads of just jammies and still have more to be done.  Now the kids only have 3 pair.  No more saving them either and passing them down.  The kids get new jammies every year for Christmas and even on thier birthdays.  They get new ones often enough that saving them just takes up space.  So to Goodwill or friends they go. 

Still ridding the drawers and the laundry pile of jammies isn't going to solve my problem, so very slowly I am getting rid of the other clothes.  Why have jeans in the drawers with holes?  Yes the boys still have them in thier drawers, but I am getting to them.  I don't know why, but I guess you could say I am a pack rat when it comes to clothes.  Getting rid of clothes is like getting rid of memories to me.  It is hard to let go of them, because that only means my kids are growing up.

Okay now I have no idea where this post is going.  I did have a purpose and plan for it, but now it is just ramblings.  So I guess I am asking for your help or advice.  What do you do to help out with your laundry?  What is the one thing you can "count" on?  The things that you can say "I love to do it" with a hint of sarcasm in your voice?  Maybe we can help eachother out and get that sarcasm out of our voice. 

0 comments: