CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 25, 2010

There is a lot to be Thankful for today!

Thanksgiving, what a wonderful holiday to share with your family.  I have really liked doing my little thankful blogs this month.  It has reminded me that I do have a lot to be thankful for even if they are just small things.  Today as I started the morning off with a little nudge from JBody to curl up next to him and rest my head on his shoulder in bed, I was reminded of the wonderful man I married.  I am so thankful for a sweet, caring, loving husband.  I love the feeling of him next to me in the bed in the morning and then again with his arm around me as we fall asleep.  I love having him home for lunches, and then again when he comes home and the kids get excited to wrestle with him.  I love knowing that I have an eternal companion who loves myself and our children and would do anything for us. 

As I layed in bed I could hear little voices downstairs.  They were so quiet this morning.   I am thankful they let me sleep in.  Those crazy, fun, hard, wonderful kids.  I know I will one day miss the messes, miss the early mornings, miss the running into you kisses, the soft hands on my cheeks, and the "I love you mommy" in the ear.  Motherhood and hard, but wonderful thing that I am so greatful for.

After a yummy breakfast,  JBody took the kids out sledding on the lawn mower.  I am thankful for our big yard.  When JBody was in school we just had a tiny little yard that Lil' E could keep a small sandbox.  Then we moved to my parents and were there for a year.  They live on a golf course so they have no yard at all.  It was so hard.  Not only for the kids, but for me.  We felt cooped up all day and we could visit the park because JBody had the only car at the time.  We have been in our new home for 3 years this February and I will forever  be thankful for the yard that the kids have to play in.  Right now they have more snow than they will need and a great place to get thier energy out in. 

Lastly I am thankful for my wonderful family.  I really do have a great family.  We are loud at times.  We are goofy at times.  We get cranky at times.  But we will always love eachother.  I am thankful for my parents.  They were married at 17 and were told by some that they would never make it.  29 years later they are still happily married and have raised a good bunch of kids.  Thanksgiving is always fun.  Dad makes a great dinner in which NO ONE can help.  NO ONE is allowed to even come into the kitchen.  Mom does get to come in and make the mashed potatoes.  We love this because we get to tease mom of her "yummy" potatoes she made a few years back.  It brings some good laughs.  All through dinner and dessert we share good laughs.  This year was no exception.  I won't go into detail, but just know that I have some pretty HILARIOUS brothers and one WACKY husband who come up with some pretty crazy stuff.  I even love that we were able to spend the whole weekend with my sister in law who in my eyes is a sister and not an in law.  I missed my little sis this year as we sat around talking and laughing, but it is just one Thanksgiving that she has to sacrifice and I know that she will be blessed for it. 

The kids are now all curled up in bed and asleep.  The house is quiet.  I am typing up this blog and then will probably just enjoy the quiet until I go out into the crazy world of Midnight shopping.  I hope you all have had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I hope you have had time to contemplate what it is that you are thankful for.  Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the rest of your Holidays!

0 comments: