CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 22, 2010

I am Thankful for Bedtime Reading

Recently I decided to start reading chapter books to the boys.  I thought that 6 was a good age to do this.  I wanted a book that would keep the attention of the boys and be simple enough for them to follow.  We found a great series called The Magic Tree House. We read picture books with the kids, but reading these read aloud chapter books helps them with reading skills.  We can talk about predictions and what happened yesterday, etc.  Lil' E loves them and can't wait to read them.  Even Doble sits interested.  His eyes are always wide as I read the storiese of Jack and Annie. So far we have only read the first two in the series and my kids, and myself are hooked.  They are a wonderful book that gets the imagination running as you wonder "what is going to happen next."  If you are looking for a good series to read with your kids, I recommend this series.  What fun memories I will have laying in bed with my kids as we read these fun books.

0 comments: