CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Alphabet Blog---The Letter C



C is For:
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's Plan. I'll Follow Him in Faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim." (Children's Songbook, p.77) The words to this simple primary song is a small portion of my testimony. I know that I have a Savior. I know that he loves me. I know that he knows my name and that he wants me to one day return in his presence. I know that I don't have to prove my worth to him because he already knows who I am and what I can become. I just need to live my life in a way that will allow me to one day return to him. I know my family can be together for eternity. What a comfort it is to know that my sweet husband and I don't have to be seperated at death, but we can be together forever. I believe in the power of keeping the simple gostpel truths that are before us. I believe in teaching my children the simple gospel truths so that they can have a foundation to build their testimonies on. I believe that one day, I can have the opportunity to face my Savior and have him hold me in his arms and say, "Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father" (Enos 1:26). This is a portion of my testimony that I would like to share with you.
Christ: My Savior, my example, my redeemer, my brother, my friend.
Cousins: My sister-in-law just moved back and now Lil' E and Doble get to play and get to know two more of their cousins. We like living next to family. We are surrounded with cousins that the boys have grown up loving to play with.
Candy: A.K.A Nany by Doble. If it is in the house they (meaning Lil' E, Doble, and JBody will find it. Our favorite Easter candy hasn't been at any of the stores in town and that has been a huge bummer (Chicks and Rabbits by Brach)
Cakes: I really like to decorate cakes. I know I have mentioned this more than once. It is alot of fun. It is alot of work, but the outcome is always pleasing. And to see the faces of my kids when they see their cake, makes all 6-8 hours worth it. I just got done making a pokemon blastoise cake for my nephew. I must say it turned out quite nicely.
Chips: Keep them away from me. They are my weakness especially when I am pregnant. I have been known to eat a whole bag while pregnant with Doble. It doesn't really matter what brand or flavor. I just like how they are crisp and salty.
Christmas: One of my most favorite times of the year. The decorations, the spirit, the movies, the music, the food, the candy, Santa...the whole kit and kaboodle. I especially have loved seeing my children around this time of year get so excited about the whole thing.
Curls: One of the first nicknames JBody came up with for me. He doesn't really use it anymore. It came from the fact that I have curly hair. Doble also has it. This is why the poor kid had a mullet for the first 15 months of his life. I just couldn't bear cutting off his curls. But he was bald on top and it just really didn't look good so we cut the curls off. His hair has since grown on top and if we don't comb it right out of the shower it will be all curly on top. It is really cute. I am hoping Razy has curls becuase I think curls could go to waste on a little boy. However, he hair right now is just fuzzy. Soft and Fuzzy.
Clueless: One of my all time favorite movies. This reminds me that I haven't seen it forever. I used to watch it like 3 times a week when I was in highschool. I had it memorized at one point. No I don't consider myself an airhead. I just really like a good chick-flick.
Circumcision: I am not putting this in to start a debate. I know everyone has an opinion and I am going to keep mine to myself. All I have to say about the subject is...can't everyone please respect other's opinions. I mean come on, the fact that my son is circumsized or not is not going to affect you or your life. Everyone get off your soap box about the whole thing. (Okay now I will step down from mine and leave it at that.)
College: Oh those were some of the best and worse times. I am just glad that I was able to experience the life. Some of my greatest friends are ones I met while going to college.
Chiropractic: Have you been to your neighborhood chiropractor lately? If not know of a good one. Remember, it is not normal to walk around in pain all day. Go see your chiropractor. He's got your back...I know bad joke.

0 comments: