CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Inbetween the Laundry" Accomplishments

Yesterday I told you that I was planning on getting lots done inbetween my laundry loads.  Let me just tell you that the 6 loads of laundry that were washed, dried, folded and put away were an accomplishment in and of itself.  However, I also was able to get some other things done as well. 

The first thing I was able to mark of my list was Razy's Room.  Awhile ago she got into her storage closet and pulled out a bag of clothes that she had already outgrown and a bag of clothes that she has yet to grow into.  She had them all over her floor.  She also had her dirty clothes mingled in with the others.  She and I were able to put the old clothes away, wash the new clothes and put them away and get the dirty laundry washed and put away.  Not only that, but I was able to go through her closet and pull out more clothes that she has outgrown.  

We Turned This....

Into This...


The first thing I was able to mark of my list was Razy's Room. Awhile ago she got into her storage closet and pulled out a bag of clothes that she had already outgrown and a bag of clothes that she has yet to grow into. She had them all over her floor. She also had her dirty clothes mingled in with the others. She and I were able to put the old clothes away, wash the new clothes and put them away and get the dirty laundry washed and put away. Not only that, but I was able to go through her closet and pull out more clothes that she has outgrown.

I don't have pictures to show of it, but I was able get the base part of our 4th of July pinata made. 
8 layers!!!  It is going to be a doozy to break. 

The playroom...the oh so dreaded playroom.  I sent the kids in there to clean while I worked on the pinata.  After being in there for about 45 mins by themselves and getting barely anything accomplished, I worked alongside them.  Sadly after about 45 mins working in there with them we only made a small dent and will be back in there today.  I told them it has to be cleaned by Friday so we can go watch Cars2.  Hopefully that is incentive for them to get it done.

Remember my Spring Blocks I made awhile back?  I finally got my Summer Blocks finished! Here is a sneak peak...

So those are the BIG things I got done.  I didn't count all the extras that we moms do during the day, everyday...
feed the kids,
clean up after the kids,
wash the kids,
play with the kids
and so on and so forth.

I really need to stop playing catch up and stay ontop of my laundry. 
Shanna has it figured out...
There are 5 of us in my family so I do the days laundry every night before I go to bed so I don't have laundry catch up days. After the kids are in bed, I throw the days clothes in the washer. Then I either watch one of my tivo'd shows, do some homework, read a book, etc. Then I throw it in the dryer and take my nightly bath and get ready for bed. By the time I am done, so is the load and I fold it and go to bed. Then once a week I only have a load of whites and a load of towels to do. I developed this system after realizing that all I do on my day off is laundry. No fun! :)

and thanks to Lynn who wrote...
So Shanna has an awesome system! My take on it? Well...instead of being even further productive while my washer takes care of the clothes cleaning, I usually end up on facebook or random blogs. Oh look, here I am! :) Can't wait to hear what you accomplished!

I am so glad that I am not the only one who gets sucked into the world of blogs and facebook, when I really should be more productive while the laundry is running.

0 comments: