CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Have a Kool Summer

Today officially marked the first day of summer, but Lil' E is still in school.  He actually has one more day.  Yep tomorrow, my little kindergartner will be a big 1st grader.  We wanted to make a little end of the year gift fo the the kids in his class and when I came across this Kool Aid idea I rushed to the store to get my supplies. 

Supplies:
Cricut (I didn't have to rush to the store for this.  Many of you know I love my cricut)
Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More Cartridge (I wish I had this.  It would have made it so much easier.  Instead I had to search the web for an svg to use with my SCAL.  I found one, but I had to add the window myself.)
Glue
Scrapbook paper
Silly Straws
Kool Aid
Step 1: Cut a pocket tag using your cricut. You can only get two tags per 12x12 sheet. 
If you are using the tags, bags, boxes and more cartridge, cut the tag 1 out with a 9" window.  If you have the SCAL program you can use the file I created HERE.

Step 2: Assemble your pocket tag
.
Step 3: Insert your Kool-Aid into the created tag.

Step 4: Use glue or glue dots to close tag and insert your straw.

Step 5:  I printed the Have a Kool Summer out on the computer.  You could write it out by hand.

Step 6: Punch the Have a Kool Summer out.  I used a 1 1/4 inch circle.

Step 7: Back your Kool Summer circles with colorful paper.

How cute are these?  Lil' E can't wait to take them to school tomorrow. 
Thanks to Fakin' It for the original idea.