CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Birthday Banner {tutorial}

I am starting early (well earlier than normal) getting ready for Doble's birthday.  I still have about 2 weeks left.  I just don't want to stress myself out the week of his birthday.  So today I made his birthday banner.  I love the way it turned out and I think it will go perfectly with the theme of his party.  I am trying to go cheap so I am doing as much as I can with things I already have.  I didn't want to go and buy more paper for the banner so I looked through my huge collection and found some pretty cute stuff.  

Pennants are super cute for banners.  I don't have a cut file for a pennant so I thought I would just make my own template.  I don't know if you can tell by my picture how I did this.  I measured the top of the pennant to be 5 1/2 inches. The length is 6 1/2 inches.  I then found the middle which is 2 3/4 inches an connected them diagonally from the top corner to the bottom center point.  Then I cut it out used it as a template.


The scallop circle measures 4 inches and the circle is 3 inches
I downloaded a new font called Romantiques.  Using SCAL I layed out my letters for HAPPY BIRTHDAY and put a cricut marker into the blade housing deck of my cricut.  The markers are so fun.  Instead of cutting your design they actually draw it on to the paper.After they print out you are ready for assembly.
all it takes is a little glue stick
I love my Crop-a-Dile.  For all of my banners I use it do reinforce the hole punch so they last longer.  String it with some ribbon and then VIOLA!! 



So cute huh?  I love it.  Can you guess what his theme is this year?  I can't wait to show you the other things we have come up with for decorations. 


0 comments: