Let's just say this was going to be bigger adventure than I was prepared for.
1. It was pouring. Yes the sun would come out in spurts. Some times it was just a drizzle, but other times it was a complete downpour with GIANT raindrops. Luckily the kids were prepared with rainboots. Me however, was wearing my nice dress shoes.
2. The road was closed to get down to the waterfall so we had to park the car on the side of the HWY and walk up to it. It wasn't too far of a walk, but with Doble short walks become long ones.
3. We had planned to eat at our original destination. Now we had to stop at the local convienent store and buy some sandwiches and eat them in the car. The kids enjoyed this though, because mommy jumped in the back of the van with them. By the time we were done, the windows were all steamed up.
4. Rain means puddles. Puddles mean jumping. Jumping means mess. The car ride home was spent in t-shirts and undies because the kids were all wet from the waist down.
5. MORE FUN THAN WE HAD PLANNED.
Enjoy our pictures and don't forget to make you guess as to where we are!
Lunch in the back of the van. Bella actually did really good with leaving the kids alone. As always the kids had to get some silly pictures in.
This picture is pretty much a giveaway as to which waterfall we were near. This was taken outside the convienent store after we enjoyed our car lunch. You can't see it, but it was drizzling on us.
Here are two different views of the same waterfall. Can you guess which waterfall it is?
This picture courtesy of Lil' E.
Puddle jumping: Oh so much fun!
The kids LOVE their boots. I was really grateful to have had them today!
Now go ahead and make your guesses. Good Luck!