CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Wonderful Weekend

The much waited and anticipated weekend for JBody and I has come and gone. All I can say is wow. We had so much fun. We left friday afternoon to head to the big city with our friends, Jason and April. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed a nice drive and ferry ride to our hotel destination. We stayed at the Sheraton. Our hotel was the perfect location for everything. We were able to walk to dinner, shops, the show and even The Cheesecake Factory for a yummy dessert after the show. After checking into the hotel we walked the couple of blocks it took to get to Benihana's. JBody and I had never been and we absolutely loved it. For those of you who have never been it is a Japanese restaurant. Each table has their own personal chef. Our chef's name was Manual. He was fun and entertaining. He made the dining experience and food well worth the price. For dinner we enjoyed some really good, veggies, rice, calamari, lobster, shrimp, chicken, and filet mignon. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. After a great dinner we strolled around the city and did a little shopping at Old Navy. Then it was off to the show.

JBody, Peaches (me), Jason, April in front of Benihana

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING

The Lion King was all I expected and more. I am still in amazement. I don't even know what to say except for YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE IT. There is something so magical about great broadways. I would be the worst person to give a review because all I can say is WOW. The costumes, the music, the cast, the interaction, everything was amazing. I think that Lil' E would have really liked it as well, but I did love just being able to spend the weekend with JBody, alone, with nothing to worry about. Thanks mom for watching the kids and making that possible.


Bad picture. My camera either took a really unfocused or really dark picture.

Right before the show. Can you tell how excited I am. CHEESY!!

Jason and April

After the great show we walked over to The Cheesecake Factory and got a slice of cheesecake mmm. The next morning JBody and I walked around the city for a while and enjoyed some hot cocoa. We then met back up with Jason and April and went back to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch.



Before heading home we went to the temple. What better way to end a wonderful weekend than to go to the House of the Lord and spend some time with my eternal companion. It was bittersweet to head home, but this weekend was wonderful.

3 comments:

carmen

How totally FUN! I love those Lindes! I bet it was fun to spend time with friends and no kids - just to relax and enjoy! How nice of your parent's to take the kids for the weekend. That must be nice!! I've seen parts of that play on TV and thought it looked awesome. I love going to plays and to the ballet. What fun! Oh, and I loved your picture, the one that you thought didn't turn out - I thought it was very cool. Have a great week! :o)

Megs

That sounds like the best weekend ever!! I'm glad you guys got to go, you deserve it!!

lindefamily

Alisha my friend and sister,
Thanks again for inviting us to join you guys this weekend! We had an absolutely wonderful time! Our memories made will not soon, or ever be forgotten! Your friendship is a blessing, thanks again.
Love April