CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 9, 2009

My Family Monday *Tithing*

Last weekend the boys watched my parents dog, Gunther for them while they were would of town. My mom and dad wanted to pay them for doing it (I think they WAY over paid them, but the boys were so excited). They each were given 10 one dollar bills. I thought this would be perfect to teach them about tithing. I asked JBody to give the lesson for Family Home Evening. Because I don't know exactly how he is going to teach the lesson I cannot put the lesson on our blog. However, I can tell you what he is going to teach and share with you what he hinted on doing.

Song: I'm Glad to Pay a Tithing (children songbook p.150)

Lesson: JBody will talk to the kids about tithing and what it is. He is going to give the kids 10 peices of candy. He will then asked each of them to give back one peice. Then he is going to read them Malachi 3:10

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing , that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

After reading the scripture he will pour blessings (whole bag of candy) out to the kids.

Song: I Want to Give the Lord My Tenth (children songbook p.150)

I don't know if this is exactlty how he will teach this lesson, but it will be similar.

2 comments:

carmen

You've put a lot on here since I last visited. I love your blog. Thanks for sharing your family home evening ideas. Great for the little kiddos!! I love the pix of your mom and dad - they are so cute together - and they don't even look at all like a gramma and grampie!! :o)

Alice

Nice. I still remember a primary lesson about tithing from Sister Roper.

Way to be a good parent.

as a side note, looks like your kiddos made out like bandits! I will babysit the dog ;)