Today's Project Pinterest
Homemade Bouncy Balls
You will need:
Borax (found in laundry section)
glue (clear glue makes a see transparent ball and white glue makes an opaque ball)
2 plastic mixing cups
a stirring stick (plastic spoon)
food coloring (optional)
1. Label your two cups. One with Borax and the other with Ball.
2. In your borax cup, add 2 TB warm water and 1/2 tsp of borax and dissolve. Add food coloring.
3. In your Ball cup, add 1 TB glue.
4. To your ball cup add 1 TB cornstarch and 1/2 tsp of borax mixture. DO NOT STIR.
Let it react for 10-15 seconds.
5. Stir with your spoon. When it becomes impossible to stir, take out and mold it in your hand. It will be sticky at first, but as you knead it it will solidify.
6. Keep rolling it in your hand until you have a sphere.
7. When you are done playing with them, store them in a plastic baggie. They will only keep for a day or two before drying out.
8. Make sure you clean and wipe your work area thouroghly and have the kids wash their hands after making their balls.
These are not like your typical bouncy balls. They actually will bounce better on the carpet. The kids had fun making them and playing with them eventhough they didn't get super high. For a rainy day activity it was a success!