CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 1, 2011

Eliminating Onion Tears

Have you ever wanted to just wear a pair of googles while cutting an onion?  I sure have.  I hate cutting into an onion and then getting those insta tears.  Not just the tears, but it really does burn.  Well guess what?  You don't have to cry over cut onions any longer. 

The next time you cut into an onion, first go and get a candle.  Yep you heard right.  If you light a candle while cutting in onion you will eliminate the tears.  The flame from the candle absorbs the fumes the are released from the onion.

I won't guarantee this will work for you.  However, it did work for me today.  I am going to continue to do it as long as it continues to work.  I did feel a little bit of a burn for a second, but I am using in a teary mess when I am done cutting an onion so a little burn was no problem. 

Happy Chopping

0 comments: