Opening Song: "My Eternal Family"
Lesson: Fathers preside over, provide for, and protect the family with love.
How does our daddy preside over our family?
How does our daddy provide for our family?
How does our daddy protect our family?
Pin the tie on Daddy's shirt
Cut out one tie per father that you choose to do. I will give examples with the fathers that we chose for our lesson.
On each tie write information about each father.
1. This father prayed for his rebellious son. His son and his son's friends were visited by an angel and became great missionaries (Mosiah 27:8-18) Alma
2. When this father, a ruler of the synagogue begged Jesus to save his 12 year old daughter, the Savior raised her from the dead. (Luke 8:41-42) Jarius
3. This father saved his family by obeying the Lord's command to build an ark (Genesis 6:12-20) Noah
4. This man is the earthly Father of our whole human family (Genesis 3:20) Adam
5. This rich father left all his possessions behind when the Lord told him to flee in to the wilderness. He had two sons that supported him, but the otherr two murmured. (1 Nephi 2:1-3) Lehi
6. This father protects our family. He goes to work each day to provide for our family, but comes home each night to play and teach us. He loves each of you. Our daddy
You may or may not want to use pictures from the Gospel Art Kit to help your children picture who it is you are talking about.
Blindfold one child at a time as they try to place the tie on a pre made posterboard of a men's white shirt.
Closing Song: "Happy Family" (Children's Songbook pg.198)
Refreshments: One of our Daddy's Favorite Treats
Orange Pull Aparts
2 cans of small pillsberry biscuits
4 TB milk
4 TB melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
tsp orange rind
4 oz cream cheese,
2 TB orange juice
Mix milk and butter together in a small bowl. Mix sugar and orange rind in a small bowl.
Cut biscuits in half and dip one side in butter/milk mixture and the other side in the sugar/rind mixture. As you go along place dipped pieces into a bundt pan, buttered side down. Bake at 350 for 20 mins. While biscuits are baking mix cream cheese, orange juice and remaining sugar mixture together. Drizzle over hot biscuits and serve.
JBody likes more of the drizzle so we like to use 8 oz of cream cheese, 4 TB orange juice and then add more sugar and orange rind to taste.