CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Taking it One Step at a Time

 Have you ever seen a little toddler as they do just that toddle along?  Thier little bodies wobbling as they try to balance their little bodies with thier somewhat large heads.  Then they learn to run.  You can't help but laugh as thier little feet scurry as fast as they can and the rest of thier bodies try to keep up.  That is how I am feeling right now.  I have a huge task ahead of me and can't seem to keep up.  My thoughts, ideas, and intentions are running a mile a minute while the rest of me tries to keep up, but just can't seem to do so.  Unlike the little toddler who falls and gets right back up, it takes me awhile to get up and go.  I get so overwhelmed that I don't know where to begin.  I got on the computer this morning to check my email and there was a comment from a friend who wrote this..."I think you are amazing! You seem to be able to accomplish anything you set your mind on. What an amazing gift!" What a wonderful confidence booster from a wonderful friend.   I decided to live up to that compliment she gave me this morning.  I can accomplish anything I set my mind on.  So it may take a week, or two, or three, or four. But I am going to set my mind on my home.  It is definately lived in.  I can do a quick clean here and there to make it acceptable to have people see it, but deep down I know that it is not where I want it to be.  My downstairs is the easy part.  It is my upstairs (the area no one, but those who live in the home) see.  I know that I will be a happier person if I can accomplish this HUGE task, but I am going to take it one step at a time.  I am not going to let my intentions run faster than I can work.  I will accomplish this.  Thanks Laurie for your inspiring words. 

As I go I want to post pictures.  I have been meaning to show you our remodel and what better time to do it then when it is clean.  You may only get a room or two a day (probably just a room). So enjoy! 

First off Razy's nook!
Do you remember this post awhile back? I was so proud when we had finally done something to Razy's cute little bedroom.  I would have never imagined that it later would turn into something so much better.
I love the nice crisp walls.  No more dark wood.  I found this bed on freecycle.  Yep that is right it was free.  I painted the drawers to match her room, bought a mattress and bedspread and VIOLA fit for a princess.  While visiting my sister in law I found some cute fabric and made my first ever CUTE curtains.  I love the way they turned out.  We got rid of the baseboard heating and put in central air.  And no more yucky carpet.  I love the new, soft, dark brown carpet we chose throughout the house.
You can't really tell, but underneath that tutu is a door.  Yep everything blended in.
The doors are not finished, but I love the transformation.  We still need to paint the doors the same white as the trim and get hardware, but what a difference new door made.  JBody and his friend Jason did a wonderful job installing these.  They were a headache but well worth it.
Again there is a door on the left and to the right of her bookself.
Razy's room is probably my favorite room in the whole house.  Small, but cozy.  We love the purple we chose on the wall and the pink and green give it just the perfect princess touch. 

4 comments:

Anonymous

This is the cutest little girls room. you guys did an amazing job!

Stacie S-H

that looks wonderful! i love it!

Miss Vicki

It's so amazing how much bigger it looks painted! What a beautiful little girls room :) Awesome work...well done :)

Positively Peaches

My husband and I were just saying that last night when we were comparing pictures. I am so happy with the decision to sheet rock the walls. We would have never painted if we hadn't. Thanks for the comments.