CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Kitchen-Aid Makeover

I came across this cute Subway cut file and decided to give my kitchen-aid a new look.  What do you think?  We will see how long it lasts before I decide I don't want it anymore.  As for now I kinda like it.

Kitchen-Aid Before
WHAT YOU NEED
Kitchen Aid Mixer
Cricut Machine
Sure Cuts A Lot program
9 inch square of vinyl
Transfer Tape

LET'S GET CRAFTING
Step 1:  Clean your Kitchen-Aid removing any grease and grime.

Step 2: Save the following picture. 
Step 3:Open your SCAL program and trace the image. 
Step 4: Resize image to roughly 8.25x8.25 (I did a 8.5 square and thought it was too big)

Step 5: Cut the file out using your cricut machine and vinyl

Step 6: Peel or weed the excess vinyl from the lettering. Don't forget the extra between your d's, a's p's, o's, and e's.

Step 7: Put transfer tape over the vinyl lettering image.  Make sure you press hard using a popsicle stick or a spatula or something to get the vinyl to peel easily from it's backing.

Step 8: Remove vinyl from backing by lifting up the transfer tape. This can be tricky and take patience depending on the size of your image and letters.

Step 9: Carefully place and smooth onto your Kitchen Aid by rubbing image.
 (forgot to take a picture for this step)
Step 10: Viola!  Enjoy!

Cute huh?  I love how vinyl can spruce things up and then when you are tired of it, it will peel right off. 

I found the idea for this cute tutorial at

0 comments: